Sunday, March 27, 2016

Purchase of home portable generator



My wife felt we needed a backup generator in case we lossed power for a short or long period of time.  I wanted to go with a solar power generator and still will.  However, do to cost it will be done in phases.  Since every solar power emergency backup needs a gas, propane or natural gas generator I purchased this first.  I went with a harbor freight 13000 watt generator.  From what I've read I think that Honda makes the best generator but they are very expensive.  I did not need a generator with over 10000 watts since I plan to go solar.  I really only needed a generator to charge 6-8 12 volt batteries when there was no sun.

I am going to have to build some type of enclose for the generator since when using it there will probably be bad weather.  I've been doing some research on this and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.  Ventilation and Air Flow is essential.  I will add sites that I find helpful as I find them.

a.  http://generatorathome.blog.com/the-build/        This is for a smaller generator but the concept is the same.  They purchased a rubber enclosure and modified it with fans  and vents.



No comments:

Post a Comment